Dakota Capital Group Life Insurance Overview
Group Life Insurance
Attract, Protect & Retain Your Employees
At Dakota Capital, we believe that life insurance coverage is one of the most important (and yet most cost-effective) benefits you can offer your workforce.
It also enhances your benefits package, which can help you attract and retain high-performing talent.
The group life insurance we offer includes:
- Basic Group Term Life: Protection that helps meet a portion of a family’s income when there’s an unexpected death. Guaranteed issue coverage – employees can get a base level of coverage without having to complete a health questionnaire or physical exam.
- Basic Group Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D): Employer-paid coverage that provides an AD&D benefit is usually equal to an employee’s basic term life insurance amount.
- Voluntary Life: This type of insurance means your employees can increase their protection to meet their needs at no cost to you as their employer.
- Dependent Life: Dependent life insurance provides additional coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and children, creating greater value for your benefit program at no additional cost to you.
Group Life Insurance FAQs
How will our employees know how much coverage to take out?
The amount of life insurance coverage you should have depends on several things, like annual income, debt, and how much you might need to provide for your beneficiaries’ major life events.
Are employees guaranteed to get life insurance coverage?
Yes, group life insurance coverage is guaranteed issue. This means your employees cannot be turned down for coverage because of health conditions or other factors.
Can an employee increase their coverage later?
Yes, depending on the plan, an employee can increase their coverage but may need to answer further health questions.
What if an employee already has other life insurance?
The Dakota Capital Group Series™ is an employer-paid plan available to all employees regardless of any other life insurance an employee may already have.
Can I continue coverage after I leave employment or retire?
Yes, you can continue guaranteed coverage with no medical requirement up to the initial coverage amount.
Did You Know?
- Most people overestimate the cost of life insurance protection by more than three times the actual cost
- Millennials overestimate the cost of life insurance by more than five times
- Business owners in today’s competitive job market recognize the importance of attracting and retaining great talent. Providing group life insurance is an economical way to offer an important and valuable benefit
- The average cost of group life insurance is only 1-2% of employee total compensation
- Life insurance coverage is available to companies with as few as three employees
Why Choose Dakota Capital?
At Dakota Capital, we put service first, and we’re committed to being there when you and your employees need us most. We have an elite service team ready to help with your needs when it comes to our life insurance products.
Getting Set Up is Simple & Affordable
Start the process of getting a proposal today – there’s no better time to do it. You might be surprised at just how affordable and comprehensive Dakota Capital insurance is.